Cumberland University Athletic Department
Statement of Mission, Philosophy and Objective
The purpose of the intercollegiate athletic program at Cumberland University is to instill in every student-athlete the highest standards of personal integrity and responsibility.
The Cumberland University intercollegiate athletic program provides the opportunity for each student-athlete to develop self-discipline through the setting and achievement of goals in the classroom and in their respective sport.
The Cumberland University intercollegiate athletic program is dedicated to:
- Providing equal opportunity for intercollegiate participation for male and female student-athletes, and all minorities.
- Supporting the satisfactory academic progress of each student-athlete.
- Offering intercollegiate programs for both male and female student-athletes.
- Appropriately representing CU by maintaining sportsmanship and by displaying fair play in competition.
- Holding student-athletes accountable to standards at or about University’s Regulations on personal behavior.
- Complying with the policies of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), TranSouth Athletic Conference and Mid-South Conference.
- Providing equal access to financial assistance for all qualified student-athletes.
- Ensuring the physical, emotional and social welfare of each student-athlete.