LEBANON, Tenn. – Southern Utah swept the three doubles matches and all six singles outings in straight sets, posting a 7-0 victory over Cumberland in men’s tennis exhibition action Sunday in Clarksville, Tenn.
The Thunderbirds swept the doubles matches, with Agustin Tamagnone and Keonho Shin defeating Aleksandar Milosevic and Alejo Bagnera, 6-1, at No. 3. Conor Tordoff and Jonathan Morales posted a 6-3 victory over Ramon Puertolas and Guillermo Pardos at No. 2 before Remus Cope and Jake Williams collected a 6-4 win at No. 1 over Pau Grabuleda Cruañas and Francisco Fernandez Meaca.
Shin reecorded a 6-2, 6-1, victory against Puertolas at No. 1 singles and Tamagnone followed with a 6-2, 6-0, triumph at No. 3 versus Pardos. Williams defeated Pardos, 6-2, 6-1, at No. 4 and Morales outlasted Grabuleda Cruañas, 7-6 (8), 6-3, at No. 2.
Juan Erro registered a 6-1, 6-0, win at No. 5 against Fernandez Meaca and Tordoff finished off the match with a 6-2, 6-0, victory over Thiago Lopes at No. 6.
Cumberland plays an exhibition at Austin Peay on February 5 and opens the regular season at home against Tennessee Wesleyan on Feb. 26.
Southern Utah 7, Cumberland University 0
1. Keonho Shin (SUU) def. Ramon Puertolas (CU), 6-2, 6-1
2. Jonathan Morales (SUU) def. Pau Grabuleda Cruañas (CU), 7-6 (8), 6-3
3. Agustin Tamagnone (SUU) def. Alejo Pardos (CU), 6-2, 6-0
4. Jake Williams (SUU) def. Guillermo Pardos (CU), 6-2, 6-1
5. Juan Erro (SUU) def. Francisco Fernandez Meaca (CU), 6-1, 6-0
6. Conor Tordoff (SUU) def. Thiago Lopes (CU), 6-2, 6-0
1. Remus Cope-Williams (SUU) def. Grabuleda Cruañas-Fernandez Meaca (CU), 6-4
2. Tordoff-Morales (SUU) def. Puertolas-Pardos (CU), 6-3
3. Tamagnone-Shin (SUU) def. Aleksandar Milosevic-Bagnera (CU), 6-1
Order of Finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (1,3,4,2,5,6)