LEBANON, Tenn. - Cumberland won two out of three doubles, but came up short only winning two out of six singles matches on Saturdays match against Christian Brothers.
Cumberland’s Bagnera and Bochnia started the Phoenix off to a good pace as they defeated Christian Brothers Chabaud and Flores in a 6-4 set. Schlueter and Alonso came up short for the Phoenix as they were defeated by Calzacorta and Bennage in a 6-1 set. Sarpa and Fernandez defeated Reid and Johnston in the doubles match with a set score of 6-4.
In singles action, Bagnera just came up short as he played Chabaud for three sets but lost in the last set 6-4. Bochnia was defeated by Flores 6-2, 6-0, Fernandez registered the Phoenix first singles victory by sweeping Reid 7-6, 6-2.
Alonso came up short for the Phoenix by being defeated by Calzacosta 7-5, 6-4. Christian Brother’s Bennage defeated Sarpa 6-4, 6-3. Schlueter was able to pull out another victory for the Phoenix as he defeated Fantaziu 7-6, 6-3.
- Chabaud (CB) def. Bagnera (CU), 6-4, 6-3, 6-4
- Flores (CB) def. Bochnia (CU), 6-2, 6-0
- Fernandez (CU) def. Reid (CB), 7-6, 6-2
- Calzacosta (CB) def. Alonso (CU), 7-5, 6-4
- Bennage (CB) def. Sarpa (CU), 6-4, 6-3
- Schlueter (CU) def. Fantaziu (CB), 7-6, 6-3
- Bagnera- Bochnia (CU) def. Chabaud-Flores (CB), 6-4
- Calzacorta-Bennage (CB) def. Schlueter-Alonso (CU), 6-1
- Sarpa-Fernandez (CU) def. Reid-Johnston (CB), 6-4