LEBANON, Tenn. – Sophomore Abbey Burgdorf card a four-over par 75 in the final round and sophomore Savanna Strode shot 80, leading the Cumberland women’s golf team at the Callaway Gardens Invitational on Tuesday in Pine Mountain, Ga.
Burgdorf posted three birdies and five bogeys in her round on the par-71, 5,808-yard Lake View Course after beginning the round with a double bogey on the first hole. She was four-over on the front nine but shot even on the back, including a birdie on the par-4 17th.
Strode was two-over on the front nine and only four-over through 15 before finishing bogey-bogey-triple bogey for a nine-over par 80. She birdied the par-3 second hole and the par-5 12th and shot nine strokes better in the second round than the first.
Sophomore Morgan Stuckey struggled in her round of 86 on Tuesday. She did not record a birdie and a quadruple bogey on the par-3 10th stifled any momentum she might have been able to put together on the back nine.
Freshman Tessa Barto finished with a second-round 91, collecting a birdie on the par-3 12th hole but finishing with a nine on the par-4 18th.
Freshman Anna Leigh Cleveland shot 98 on Tuesday that included triple bogeys on Nos. 9 and 18.
Cumberland hosts the Phoenix Invitational in two weeks at Windtree Golf Club in Mt. Juliet, Tenn.
t19. Abbey Burgdorf 86-75=161
t29. Morgan Stuckey 78-86=164
t42. Savanna Strode 89-80=169
t74. Tessa Barto 96-91=187
84. Anna Leigh Cleveland 105-98=203
1. Rhodes College 308-293=601
2. Univ. of Cumberlands 317-301=618
3. USC-Beaufort 321-306-627
4. Huntingdon College 326-307=633
5. Univ. of the South 329-319=648
6. Methodist Univ. 335-316=651
7. Centre College 328-327=655
8. Oglethorpe Univ. 338-325=663
9. Rhodes College ‘B’ 350-323=673
10. Cumberland Univ. 349-332=681
11. Methodist Univ. ‘B’ 346-337=683
12. Univ. of the South ‘B’ 351-340=691
13. Berry College 364-334=698
14. Piedmont College 361-340=701
15. Birmingham Southern 356-349=705
16. Truett-McConnell 374-349=723