LEBANON, Tenn. – Junior Morgan Stuckey carded a final-round 77 to finish fifth and freshman Raquel Romero Valverde placed fourth individually, helping Cumberland women’s golf to a second-place team showing on Tuesday at the Coastal Georgia Winter Invitational in St. Simons Island, Ga.
Stuckey posted the third lowest score of the day with her five-over 77, moving up six spots for her second Top 5 finish of the academic year. She also placed fifth at the RedHawk Invitational to end the fall schedule.
Romero Valverde followed her 74 with an 82 on Tuesday, dropping from the lead to finish fourth. St. Andrews University’s Lydia Russell won low medalist honors with a second-round 74 and a two-day total of 150, six strokes in front of Romero Valverde.
Junior Abbey Burgdorf and sophomore Anna Leigh Cleveland each registered scores of 83 on Tuesday, with Burgdorf tying for 18th and Cleveland finishing 40th. Junior Savanna Strode shot 86 in the final round, tying for 31st.
In the team standings SCAD-Atlanta shot 317 on Tuesday to overtake the Phoenix for first place. Cumberland was four shots back after a 325 in the second round.
Cumberland plays again March 13-14 at the Skyhawk Invitational in Callaway Gardens, Ga.
4. Raquel Romero Valverde 74-82=156
5. Morgan Stuckey 81-77=158
t18. Abbey Burgdorf 82-83=165
t31. Savanna Strode 83-86=169
40. Anna Leigh Cleveland 90-83=173
1. SCAD-Atlanta 324-317=641
2. Cumberland University 320-325=645
t3. Thomas University 328-320=648
t3. Southeastern University 329-319=648
5. St. Andrews University 333-317=650
6. Faulkner University 328-330=658
7. Southern Wesleyan 336-337=673
8. Coastal Georgia 334-344=678
9. Emmanuel College 355-328=683
10. Brenau University 351-341=692
11. Eastern Florida State 347-355=702
12. Point University 357-347=704
13. Webber International 373-402=775