LEBANON, Tenn. – Senior Savanna Strode carded a final-round three-over par 75 and senior Abbey Burgdorf posted a 79, with both players finishing in the Top 10 overall for Cumberland women’s golf on Tuesday at the Mid-South Conference Fall Invitational in Georgetown, Ky.
Tuesday’s round featured three weather stoppages because of lightning and torrential rain, pushing the round back several times after early tee times for all teams.
Strode’s round of 75 tied for the second lowest of the day and moved her up seven spots in the overall standings to eighth. Kaitlin Riley from the University of the Cumberlands fired the low round of the day with even-par 72 and won low medalist honors by 10 strokes. Strode finished six shots in back of the runner-up, Lindsey Wilson’s Tara Rodenhurst.
Burgdorf followed her round of 78 on Monday with a 79 in the second round, placing ninth overall.
Sophomore Raquel Romero Valverde recorded a second-round 80 and finished 19th with a two-day total of 164, while junior Anna Leigh Cleveland was one shot behind after shooting 86 on Tuesday, tying for 20th. Freshman Cindy Williams tied for 44th, carding a second-round 90.
The Phoenix placed fourth as a team with a two-day total of 642, three strokes behind Midway University. The University of the Cumberlands won the team championship followed by Lindsey Wilson.
Cumberland plays again October 9-10 at the Thomas University Fall Invitational in Valdosta, Ga.
8. Savanna Strode 81-75=156
9. Abbey Burgdorf 78-79=157
19. Raquel Romero Valverde 84-80=164
t20. Anna Leigh Cleveland 79-86=165
t44. Cindy Williams 90-92=182
1. University of Cumberlands – 298-308=606
2. Lindsey Wilson – 313-313=626
3. Midway University – 315-324=639
4. Cumberland University – 322-320=642
5. Campbellsville University – 329-316=645
6. Asbury University – 346-331=677
7. University of Pikeville – 326-356=682
8. Georgetown College – 345-341=686
9. Shawnee State – 355-348=703
10. Midway University ‘B’ – 351-383=734