LEBANON, Tenn. – Cumberland posted two doubles wins and Jessica Hernandez, Ksenija Dmitrovic and Stefanie Navaratnam collected singles victories, as the 21st-ranked Phoenix defeated No. 25 Campbellsville University, 5-1, in the quarterfinals of the Mid-South Conference Women’s Tennis Championships on Thursday in Bowling Green, Ky.
The Phoenix (11-6) face 14th-ranked Lindsey Wilson in the semifinals Friday at 10 a.m. indoors at the Owensboro Tennis Club in Owensboro, Ky.
Navaratnam and Kylie Humphrey started the match with an 8-1 victory at No. 3 doubles versus Kourtnee Hayes and Alabina Zaganjor, but Campbellsville’s 17th-ranked Brenda Aguilar and Bolor Enkhbayer won 8-2 versus No. 7 Ainhoa Garijo Garrido and Hernandez at No. 1.
na María Collazos and Marianela Landi put the Phoenix ahead for good with an 8-4 decision at No. 2 over Rebeca Scurt and Brooklyn Harris.
Navaratnam was the first player off the court in singles, taking a 6-0, 6-1, win at No. 6 versus Hayes and Ksenija Dmitrovic posted a 6-3, 6-1, victory at No. 4 against Zaganjor. Hernandez, ranked 27th nationally in singles, finished the match with a 6-3, 6-3, decision at No. 2 over Enkhbayer.
Garijo Garido and Aguilar split sets at No. 1 while Landi and Scurt did the same at No. 3. Humphrey led 6-4, 4-3, at No. 5 versus Harris.
#21 Cumberland University 5, #25 Campbellsville University 1
1. #11 Ainhoa Garijo Garrido (CU) vs #45 Brenda Aguilar (CAMP), 3-6, 6-0, DNF
2. #27 Jessica Hernandez (CU) def. Bolor Enkhbayar (CAMP), 6-3, 6-3
3. Marianela Landi (CU) vs. Rebeca Scurt (CAMPW), 3-6, 6-0, DNF
4. Ksenija Dmitrovic (CU) def. Alabina Zaganjor (CAMP), 6-3, 6-1
5. Kylie Humphrey (CU) vs. Brooklyn Harris (CAMP), 6-4, 4-3, DNF
6. Stefanie Navaratnam (CU) def. Kourtnee Hayes (CAMP), 6-0, 6-1
1.#17 Aguilar-Enkhbayer (CAMP) def. #7 Garijo Garrido-Hernandez (CU), 8-2
2. Ana María Collazos-Landi (CU) def. Scurt-Harris (CAMP), 8-4
3. Humphrey-Navaratnam (CU) def. Hayes-Zaganjor (CAMP), 8-1
Order of Finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (6,4,2)