LEBANON, Tenn.-- The Phoenix are currently sitting in third place after Day One of the NAIA Memphis Shootout featuring 19 teams. The Phoenix carded a 592 collectively, putting them 25 strokes behind first place Dalton State and only three strokes behind conference rival Lindsey Wilson.
Sophomore Adrian Steeger finished the day with a 2 under par 68 in round two after starting the day with a 75. Steegar came back strong after he started the day with double on one and a double on 4 with a par and a bogey in between, but played very well after that collecting 4 birdies on round one and five birdies on round two. He is currently in fifth place and seven behind the leader.
Freshman Isaac Walker began his career as a Phoenix with a good showing of a 77 in round one and round two score of a 69. Walker collected five birdies over the two rounds. He is currently tied for eight place at 146.
Bryson Smith carded a first round score of 71 putting him at a tie for fourth after the first round, but a couple of double bogeys on hole 7 and 8 in round two dropped him to a 77. Smith is currently tied at 15th after day one.
Reece Gaddes and Jacob Nolen both finished their rounds on the day with a score of 158. Gaddes shot a 80 in round one and a 78 in round two. Nolen shot a 77 in the first round and finished with a 81. They are both tied for 47th.
The teams are scheduled to tee off on Tuesday morning at TPC Southwind in Memphis, barring any weather delays.
5. Adrian Steeger - 75-68=143
t8. Isaac Walker - 77-69=146
t15. Bryson Smith - 71-77=148
t47. Reece Gaddes - 80-78=158
t47. Jacob Nolen - 77-81=158
1. Dalton State - 281-286=567
2. Lindsey Wilson - 299-290=589
3. Cumberland - 300-292=592
4. William Carey U. - 298-298=596
5. Holy Cross - 297-303=600
6. Oklahoma Wesleyan U. - 297-310=607
7. Columbia College - 302-305=609
8. Missouri Baptist - 307-305=612
9. Marian University - 311-304=615
10. Taylor University - 311-313=624
11. St. Francis - 307-318=625
12. Indiana U - Kokomo - 311-315=626
13. Martin Methodist - 317-318= 635
T14. Aquinas College - 319-321=640
T14. Montreat College - 311-329=640
16. Brescia University - 328-318=646
17. Governors State Univ. - 325-323=648
18. Sterling College - 327-322=649
19. Indiana U - South Bend - 341-337=678