LEBANON, Tenn. – Devin Crotzer and Cristhian Hernandez both won their matches, but Jeremy Fleming dropped a straight-set decision, sending Lindsey Wilson to a 5-4 victory in men’s tennis action Tuesday morning at the Tommy Gray Memorial Courts. The match was suspended because of rain last Friday in Columbia, Ky., with LWC leading, 4-2.
The three singles matches played Tuesday had not yet started when the rain started.
Crotzer defeated Joe Cox, 6-1, 6-0, at No. 5 and Hernandez posted a 6-1, 6-2, victory at No. 6 over Clinton Berry. But LWC’s Andre Santos gave the Blue Raiders the victory with a 6-2, 6-2, triumph over Fleming at No. 4.
Cumberland will host Georgetown College this Friday at 1 p.m. and the Bulldogs play at Alabama-Huntsville on Saturday at 11 a.m.
Lindsey Wilson 5, #18 Cumberland Univ. 4
1. Fabricio Morales (LWC) def. Evan Sanna (CU), 6-2, 6-2
2. Na’im Azhar (CU) def. Andrews Moraes (LWC), 6-4, 7-5
3. Victor Saez (LWC) def. Pedro Rodrigues (CU), 6-1, 2-6, 6-4
4. Andre Santos (LWC) def. Jeremy Fleming (CU), 6-2, 6-2
5. Devin Crotzer (CU) def. Joe Cox (LWC), 6-1, 6-0
6. Cristhian Hernandez (CU) def. Clinton Berry (LWC), 6-1, 6-2
1. Moraes-Santos (LWC) def. Sanna-Azhar (CU), 8-0
2. Saez-Morales (LWC) def. Crotzer-Rodrigues (CU), 8-4
3. Hernandez-Fleming (CU) def. Cox-Berry (LWC), 8-2