LEBANON, Tenn. – Cumberland swept all three doubles matches and all six singles outings in straight sets, as the 11th-ranked Bulldogs posted a 9-0 victory over 17th-ranked Campbellsville University in men’s tennis action Thursday at the Tommy Gray Memorial Courts.
The Bulldogs (9-2) started quickly, with the 21st-ranked double tandem of Antonio Manuel Marcelo and Pedro Rodrigues defeating Michael Rjazanov and Sebastian Marot, 8-4, at No. 1. Pablo Borrero and Sebastian Nava posted an 8-2 win at No. 2 over Alejandro Soriano and Pontus Blum, while Andres Burgos and Jeremy Fleming claimed an 8-1 victory at No. 3 versus Tyler Hyatt and Austin Spalding.
In singles Rodrigues won a pair of tiebreakers against Rjazanov at No. 1, Borrero defeated Marot, 7-5, 6-4, at No. 2 and Burgos posted a 6-3, 6-1, win at No. 3 against Soriano. Nava registered a 6-3, 6-1, triumph at No. 4 versus Blom, while Fleming claimed a 6-1, 6-2, victory over Austin Colliver at No. 5 and Cristhian Hernandez posted a 6-1, 6-1, win at No. 6 versus Spalding.
Cumberland hosts Western Kentucky on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. before matches next week at the University of Pikeville and Georgetown College.
#11 Cumberland 9, #17 Campbellsville Univ. 0
1. Pedro Rodrigues (CU) def. Michael Rjazanov (CAMP), 7-6, 7-6
2. Pablo Borrero (CU) def. Sebastian Marot (CAMP), 7-5, 6-4
3. Andres Burgos (CU) def. Alejandro Soriano (CAMP), 6-3, 6-1
4. Sebastian Nava (CU) def. Pontus Blom (CAMP), 6-3, 6-1
5. Jeremy Fleming (CU) def. Austin Colliver (CAMP), 6-1, 6-2
6. Cristhian Hernandez (CU) def. Austin Spalding (CAMP), 6-1, 6-1
1. #21 Marcelo-Rodrigues (CU) def. Rjazanov‐Marot (CAMP), 8-4
2. Borrero-Nava (CU) def. Soriano‐Plum (CAMP), 8-2
3. Burgos-Fleming (CU) def. Tyler Hyatt‐Spalding (CAMP), 8-1