LEBANON, Tenn. – Cumberland men’s tennis won all six singles matches and 2-of-3 doubles outings, opening the season with a 7-0 victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Friday afternoon in Nashville, Tenn.
The Phoenix started the match with a pair of doubles wins, with Jakov Tshirkin and Axel Lucich registering a 6-0 win at No. 1 versus Edward Butler and Hanif Fudaell, but UAPB’s Jualon Greig and Simon Lewis won a 6-4 decision at No. 2 versus Alejandro Rosas Garcia and Dylan Nelson.
Anatoliy Lashkul and Thiago Lopes posted a 6-3 win over Sajid Rahman and Khutso Ledwaba at No. 1 for the first point of the match.
In singles Lashkul defeated Rahman, 6-0, 4-6, 6-2, at No. 1, while Lopes recorded a 6-3, 6-1, victory at No. 2 against Lewis and Rosas Garcia got on track with a 6-3, 6-0, win at No. 3 versus Greig.
Tshirkin tallied a 6-0, 6-1, victory at No. 4 over Fudaell, Lucich won 7-6 (2), 6-0, at No. 5 against Ledwaba and Nelson finished off the match with a 6-0, 6-0, win at No. 6 over Butler.
Cumberland plays again next Friday at Eastern Kentucky at 11:30 a.m. Central Time.
Cumberland 7, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
1. Anatoliy Lashkul (CU) def. Sajid Rahman (UAPB), 6-0, 4-6, 6-2
2. Thiago Lopes (CU) def. Simon Lewis (UAPB), 6-3, 6-1
3. Alejandro Rosas Garcia (CU) def. Jualon Greig (UAPB), 6-3, 6-0
4. Jakov Tshirkin (CU) def. Hanif Fudaell (UAPB), 6-0, 6-1
5. Azel Lucich (CU) def. Khutso Ledwaba (UAPB), 7-6 (2), 6-0
6. Dylan Nelson (CU) def. Edward Butler (UAPB), 6-0, 6-0
1. Lashkul-Lopes (CU) def. Rahman-Ledwaba (UAPB), 6-3
2. Greig-Lewis (UAPB) def. Rosas Garcia-Nelson (CU), 6-4
3. Tshirkin-Lucich (CU) def. Butler-Fudaell (UAPB), 6-0