LEBANON, Tenn. – Twenty-second Cumberland swept the doubles matches and all six singles outings in straight sets, cruising to a 9-0 victory over Georgetown College in men’s tennis action Friday afternoon at the Lexington Tennis Club in Lexington, Ky.
The Phoenix won their third straight outing and ends the regular season Monday at the University of Pikeville.
Cumberland started with three doubles victories, with Jose Ortega Vela and Jakov Tshirkin defeating Kaushik Kailish and Ryan Simms, 8-2, at No. 3 and Anatoliy Lashkul and Alejandro Rosas Garcia won by the same score at No. 2 against Austin Colliver and Cole McCreary. Thiago Lopes and Axel Lucich collected an 8-4 victory at No. 1 over Ryo Takeda and Tristan Nosek.
Rosas Garcia defeated McCreary, 6-1, 6-2, at No. 3, while Tshirkin won 6-1, 6-3, at No. 5 versus Simms and Lucich recorded a 6-1, 6-0, victory at No. 4 against Colliver. Lopes registered an 8-2 win at No. 2 over Nosek, Ortega Vela won 8-3 at No. 6 against A.J. Berk and Lashkul defeated Takeda at No. 1, 6-3, 6-3.
#22 Cumberland Univ. 9, Georgetown College 0
1. Anatoliy Lashkul (CU) def. Ryo Takeda (GEOR), 6-3, 6-3
2. Thiago Lopes (CU) def. Tristan Nosek (GEOR), 8-2
3. Alejandro Rosas Garcia (CU) def. Cole McCreary (GEOR), 6-1, 6-2
4. Axel Lucich (CU) def. Austin Colliver (GEOR), 6-1, 6-0
5. Jakov Tshirkin (CU) def. Ryan Simms (GEOR), 6-1, 6-3
6. Jose Ortega Vela (CU) def. A.J. Berk (GEOR), 8-3
1. Lopes-Lucich (CU) def. Takeda-Nosek (GEOR), 8-4
2. Lashkul-Rosas Garcia (CU) def. Colliver-McCreary (GEOR), 8-2
3. Ortega Vela-Tshirkin (CU) def. Kaushik Kailish-Simms (GEOR), 8-2
Order of Finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (3,5,4,2,6,1)