LEBANON, Tenn. - Cumberland men's tennis wins their third straight match taking care of Bethel 6-1.
Like the past several matches, Cumberland men's tennis swept doubles action taking the point for Cumberland handling them while only losing seven games.
In singles action, Hughes N'Goma defeated Joao Andre 6-0, 6-2. Jackson Vaughan bested Juand David Hernandez in straight sets, 6-2, 6-0. German Suarez won at No. 4 6-0, 7-6. Dan Slapnik Trost was the clinching point as he beat Renato Gravina 6-4, 6-2 and Carlos Padilla beat Jeffery Lee 6-0, 6-3.
Cumberland will play next on Thursday at RV Campbellsville at 2:00 p.m.
#21 Cumberland University 6, Bethel University 1
1. Joao Pedro Okana (BU) def. Felipe Coelho (CU) 6-3, 6-4
2. Hughes N'Goma (CU) def. Joao Andre (BU) 6-0, 6-2
3. Jackson Vaughan (CU) def. Juan David Hernandez (BU) 6-2, 6-0
4. German Suarez (CU) def. Marcos Neves (BU) 6-0, 7-6
5. Dan Slapnik Trost (CU) def. Renato Gravina (BU) 6-4, 6-2
6. Carlos Padilla (CU) def. Jeffery Lee (BU) 6-0, 6-3
1. Adrijan Hrzic/Dan Slapnik Trost (CU) def. Joao Pedro Okana/Renato Gravina (BU) 6-3
2. German Suarez/Hughes N'Goma (CU) def. Joao Andre/Juan David Hernandez (BU) 6-2
3. Felipe Coelho/Jackson Vaughan (CU) def. Marcos Neves/Jeffery Lee (BU) 6-2