JOHNSON CITY, Tenn.- The Cumberland Track and Field competed in the indoor season on Friday and Saturday, competing inside the ETSU/MSHA Athletic Center at the ETSU Track and Field Invitational.
Highlights from Day one
- Johanna and Maria Bangala dominated in both the Women’s 200 meter and the 400 meters. Johanna was able to place 2nd in the 200 meter dash with a time of 25.46 while her sister Maria followed behind her coming in 4th with a time of 25.88. The sisters continued to dominate as Johanna was able to place first in the 400 meter dash with a time of 55.71, Maria was able to help the Phoenix as well by coming in 2nd place with a time of 55.79.
- Joel Barlow was a force to be reckoned with as he was able to place first in the Men’s 5000 meter with a time of 15:43.82, while his fellow teammate Denis Kiplagat was able to place 5th for the Phoenix by recording a time of 16:03.01.
- Tyler Williams and Alana Mack were able to place in the top 5 in the Men’s and Women’s 60 meter. Williams was able to place 3rd with a time of 6.82. Mack was also able to squeeze outh 5th place for Cumberland as she crossed the finish line with a time of 7.87.
- Kalea Barnett was able to place 4th for the Phoenix as she recorded a throw of 15.63 meters.
Highlights from Day Two
- Johanna and Maria Bangala continued to show their athleticism as they repeated what they did in the previous day. Johanna was able to record 2nd in the 200 meter dash with a time of 25.48 and placing 1st in the 400 meter dash with a time of 55.73. Maria was also able to place 4th in the 200 meter dash by recording a time of 25.88 and then placing 2nd in the 400 meter with a time of 57.24.
- Tyler Williams and Alana Mack were consistent as they were able to record the same results from the previous day. Williams placed 3rd in the 60 meter dash with a time of 6.82. While Mack was able to place 5th in the 60 meter dash with a time of 7.87
The Phoenix will be competing next in the Emory Crossplex Showdown on January 19th, 2020 in Birmingham, AL.