LOUISVILLE, Ky.-- The Cumberland Women's Bowling team competed at the Mid-South Conference Thomas N. Burris Memorial Tournament on Sunday, finishing 14th out of 19 teams.
The tournament consisted of 19 teams competing in 12 baker games and five team games where the bowlers individual scores contributed to the team total.
Cumberland knocked down a total of 6292 pins in the tournament. With their total, the Phoenix finished in 14th place overall.
Webber International took first place with a total pinfall of 7696 pins on the day, followed by Pikeville in second with a total score of 7476 pins.
Through the five individual games that count total team pinfall, the Phoenix recorded 4334 pins. Matthew Charlton had a top 50 finish individually with a 204 average over five games bowled.
Two Phoenix bowlers finished in the top 50 individually. Hattie Isham led the way in 28th place with a 189.4 average, followed by Ali Davis in 39th with an average score of 179.2. The team finished with a baker total of 1958 pins across the 12 games, including a high game of 202.
Cumberland is back on the lanes at the Brunswick Southern Collegiate Classic in Atlanta, Ga. on November 6-7.
1) Webber International University - 7696
2) Pikeville ,University Of - 7476
3) Savannah College Of Art And Design-Savannah - 7440
4) St. Francis (IL) ,University Of - 7379
5) Tennessee Southern, University Of - 7001
6) Emmanuel College - 6872
7) Campbellsville University - 6862
8) Savannah College Of Art And Design-Atlanta - 6712
9) Bethel University (TN) - 6651
10) Tennessee Wesleyan College - 6630
11) University of the Cumberlands - 6628
12) Union College - 6491
13) Shawnee State University - 6318
14) Cumberland University - 6292
15) Southeastern Illinois College - 6235
16) Midway University - 5941
17) Thomas More University - 5923
18) Lindsey Wilson College - 5869
19) Blue Mountain College - 4491