LEBANON, Tenn. – Junior Morgan Stuckey shot a final-round five-over par 77 to claim her first career individual medalist honor at the Lindsey Wilson Spring Fling, winning by one stroke and helping Cumberland to a second-place team finish on Tuesday at The Pines in Columbia, Ky.
The Milan, Tenn., native registered 13 pars in Tuesday’s round and 25 overall in her 36 holes, leading the field. She held off Lindsey Wilson’s Kenna Richardson, who carded a final-round 74, by one shot and LWC’s Tara Rodenhurst and Courtney Vincent by three strokes.
Freshman Raquel Romero Valverde posted a second-round 80 and a two-day total of 163, finishing ninth. Sophomore Anne Leigh Cleveland also shot an 80 in the final round and placed 14th overall with a two-day total of 169.
Sophomore Delaney Lazenby carded a second-round 85 and finished 24th individually, while sophomore Tessa Barto shot 90 on Tuesday and placed 27th.
As a team Cumberland finished second behind host Lindsey Wilson. The Phoenix improved their team score by 16 shots in Tuesday’s second round. The squad plays again in two weeks at the Phoenix Invitational at Windtree Golf Club in Mt. Juliet, Tenn.
1. Morgan Stuckey – 76-77=153
9. Raquel Romero Valverde – 83-80=163
14. Anna Leigh Cleveland – 89-80=169
24. Delaney Lazenby – 90-85=175
27. Tessa Barto – 91-90=181
1. Lindsey Wilson – 317-305=622
2. Cumberland University – 338-322=660
3. Bryan College – 349-352=701
4. Martin Methodist – 355-347=702
5. Bethel University – 362-342=704
6. Union College – 364-370=734