LEBANON, Tenn. – Angelica Sepulveda and Antea Dedić each won in singles and Cumberland posted two doubles victories, but Georgetown College picked up four singles points en route to a 5-4 victory on Saturday in Georgetown, Ky.
The Bulldogs (5-7, 1-3 Mid-South) lost for the third time this season by 5-4 or 6-3 scores and the second time in conference play.
Sepulveda and Franki Jecker posted an 8-2 victory at No. 2 doubles over Jacqueline Otis and Natalie Hill before Dedić and Alena Gizdić claimed an 8-6 win at No. 1 over Kaelin Roberts and Kelly Swanson at No. 1.
Sepulveda defeated Otis, 6-0, 6-2, at No. 1 singles and Dedić registered a 6-1, 6-0, win at No. 3 versus Swanson, but the Tigers (11-4) won the remaining three contested matches in straight sets.
Roberts posted a 6-3, 6-2, victory versus Gizdić at No. 2, while Hill claimed a 6-2, 7-6, win over Jecker at No. 4 and Shelby Eden recorded a 6-3, 6-4, triumph against Tais Lacerda Bezerra at No. 5.
Cumberland plays three times in the coming week, hosting Campbellsville University on Tuesday and the University of Pikeville on Saturday and heading to Bluefield College on Thursday.
Georgetown College 5, Cumberland Univ. 4
1. Angelica Sepulveda (CU) def. Jacqueline Otis (GC), 6-0, 6-2
2. Kaelin Roberts (GC) def. Alena Gizdić (CU), 6-3, 6-2
3. Antea Dedić (CU) def. Kelly Swanson (GC), 6-1, 6-0
4. Natalie Hill (GC) def. Franki Jecker (CU), 6-2, 7-6
5. Shelby Eden (GC) def. Tais Bezerra (CU), 6-3, 6-4
6. Alyssa Kennedy (GC) won by default
1. Dedić-Gizdić (CU) def. Roberts-Swanson (GC), 8-6
2. Sepulveda-Jecker (CU) def. Otis-Hill (GC), 8-2
3. Eden-Kennedy (GC) won by default