Women's Tennis falls 4-0 to #3 Indiana Wesleyan
LEBANON, Tenn.-- Cumberland women's tennis falls to #3 Indiana Wesleyan at home 4-0.
Indiana Wesleyan took two out of the three doubles matches as Maria Arbelaez and Elina Sungatullina defeated Mendez and Dveksler in a tiebreaker.
The Phoenix were not able to pick up any wins in singles matches. Cumberland combined to win just 4 games, losing all in straight sets.
Cumberland will be back in action on the road Friday, March 11 against the University of Pikeville.
1. Mendez (IW) def. Zugasti (CU) 6-1, 6-1
2. Drekster (IW) def. Hatano (CU) 6-1, 6-1
3. Ferraz (IW) def. Earnhardt (CU) 6-0, 6-0
4. Hernandez (CU) vs. Bemisderfer (IW) 2-6, 6-0, 2-2 Unfinished
5. Arbelaez (CU) vs. Golz (IW) 2-6, 2-5 Unfinished
6. Sungatullina (CU) vs Fisk (IW) 2-6, 5-3 Unfinished
1. Bemisderfer/Golz (IW) def. Hernandez/Hatano (CU) 6-0
2. Arbelaez/Sungatullina (CU) def. Mendez/Dveksler (IW) 7-6
3. Antezana/Ferraz (IW) def. Zugasti/Leisibach (CU) 6-2